This exceptional recipe from the California Walnut Commission adds quite a bit of excitement to your party. The potatoes go very well with cocktails.
Mini Walnut Stuffed Potatoes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 15 mini potatoes (red or white skinned)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Gorgonzola (or any blue cheese)
- 1 Cup toasted California walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped chives, divided
- 2 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon each coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut potatoes in half crosswise. Mix with oil in bowl. Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake potatoes until just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Filling: In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, gorgonzola, walnuts, half of the chives, bacon, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cut a thin slice off rounded end of each potato so that it will sit upright. Turn the potatoes over and, using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out some of the centre of each potato and add it to the filling mixture and stir. Stuff potato shells with heaping amount of the filling and arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked and filling is warmed through.
- Garnish potatoes with the remaining chives. Serve immediately.
- Makes 30 pieces.
PER SERVING (2 pieces): about 160 cal, 4 g pro, 9 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 16 g carb, 3 g fibre, 15 mg chol, 150 mg sodium. %RDI: 4% calcium, 4% iron, 4% vit A, 30% vit C.