Rich, creamy and delectable, Milk Chocolate Caramel Custard makes a wonderful end-of-meal dessert or a superb afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Way too good for the kiddies!
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup, 2 Tablespoons sugar
- water, as needed
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- crème fraiche or whipped cream, as needed
- chocolate curls, as needed
- Place milk chocolate in a large bowl; reserve. In heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat milk, cream and 2 Tablespoons sugar. Meanwhile, in separate heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine remaining sugar with enough water to form sand-like consistency. Cook until caramel-colored.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of hot milk mixture into caramel mixture, being careful to avoid splattering; stir. Pour tempered caramel mixture into remaining milk mixture; stir. Pour over milk chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cool over ice bath.
- Once caramel is cold, add yolks; combine well; strain. Divide mixture among 6 8-ounce ovenproof dishes. Bake in water bath in oven preheated to 300 degrees F about 1 hour, or until set. Let cool; refrigerate until service.
- Serve chilled with crème fraiche or whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Light, fluffy, buttery and delectable are terms one could readily apply to our publisher's own recip...
These delicious Almond Cookies are often served at the end of a wonderful Chinese meal. Simply delec...
Take your BBQ beyond the burger or ribs with this brilliant authentic Texas brisket recipe. Slow coo...
Louisiana-Style Shrimp Cakes are one of the glories of the Gulf and Cajun cookery. Rich in flavor, a...