Rich, creamy and delectable, Milk Chocolate Caramel Custard makes a wonderful end-of-meal dessert or a superb afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Way too good for the kiddies!
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup, 2 Tablespoons sugar
- water, as needed
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- crème fraiche or whipped cream, as needed
- chocolate curls, as needed
- Place milk chocolate in a large bowl; reserve. In heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat milk, cream and 2 Tablespoons sugar. Meanwhile, in separate heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine remaining sugar with enough water to form sand-like consistency. Cook until caramel-colored.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of hot milk mixture into caramel mixture, being careful to avoid splattering; stir. Pour tempered caramel mixture into remaining milk mixture; stir. Pour over milk chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cool over ice bath.
- Once caramel is cold, add yolks; combine well; strain. Divide mixture among 6 8-ounce ovenproof dishes. Bake in water bath in oven preheated to 300 degrees F about 1 hour, or until set. Let cool; refrigerate until service.
- Serve chilled with crème fraiche or whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Baby-Back Ribs with Mostarda and Espresso Barbecue Sauce is an incredible Italian dish, with two ama...
The natural sweetness of beets pairs amorously with garlic. Roasting enhances the intensity of flav...
There are few things nicer than a warm popover, with a crunch crust and soft, tender inside. Served ...
There's something incredible, luscious, romantic and seductive about Prosciutto Wrapped Pears. Simp...