Rich, creamy and delectable, Milk Chocolate Caramel Custard makes a wonderful end-of-meal dessert or a superb afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Way too good for the kiddies!
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup, 2 Tablespoons sugar
- water, as needed
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- crème fraiche or whipped cream, as needed
- chocolate curls, as needed
- Place milk chocolate in a large bowl; reserve. In heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat milk, cream and 2 Tablespoons sugar. Meanwhile, in separate heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine remaining sugar with enough water to form sand-like consistency. Cook until caramel-colored.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of hot milk mixture into caramel mixture, being careful to avoid splattering; stir. Pour tempered caramel mixture into remaining milk mixture; stir. Pour over milk chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cool over ice bath.
- Once caramel is cold, add yolks; combine well; strain. Divide mixture among 6 8-ounce ovenproof dishes. Bake in water bath in oven preheated to 300 degrees F about 1 hour, or until set. Let cool; refrigerate until service.
- Serve chilled with crème fraiche or whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Milk Chocolate Truffles are an exceptional treat for young or old. The soft, melt on the tongue choc...
Tomato Florentine Soup is a simple, tasty, and alluring dish that pleases the palate and brings a de...
Warm and comforting in cold weather, Cream of Mushroom Soup is delightfully earthy, with flavors enh...
Chicken and Pancetta Quesadillas provide a perfect pairing of Mexican and Italian flavors, making a ...