Rich, creamy and delectable, Milk Chocolate Caramel Custard makes a wonderful end-of-meal dessert or a superb afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Way too good for the kiddies!
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup, 2 Tablespoons sugar
- water, as needed
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- crème fraiche or whipped cream, as needed
- chocolate curls, as needed
- Place milk chocolate in a large bowl; reserve. In heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat milk, cream and 2 Tablespoons sugar. Meanwhile, in separate heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine remaining sugar with enough water to form sand-like consistency. Cook until caramel-colored.
- Slowly pour 1/3 of hot milk mixture into caramel mixture, being careful to avoid splattering; stir. Pour tempered caramel mixture into remaining milk mixture; stir. Pour over milk chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cool over ice bath.
- Once caramel is cold, add yolks; combine well; strain. Divide mixture among 6 8-ounce ovenproof dishes. Bake in water bath in oven preheated to 300 degrees F about 1 hour, or until set. Let cool; refrigerate until service.
- Serve chilled with crème fraiche or whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Springerle are made with wooden moulds or mould-cut rolling pins. The cookies are decorative and del...
Watermelon, Marinated Feta and Sunflower Shoot Salad with a Clear Tomato Jelly delivers an incredibl...
In Italy, crepes are made for a variety of purposes, from appetizers to desserts. Four Cheese Crespe...
Shortbread Toffee Bars are sweet, crunchy, fun and fabulous, but are they cookies or candy? We'll le...