Microwave Beef and Olive Casserole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 750 g braising steak, cut into 5 cm cubes
- 300 mls red wine
- 1 beef stock cube
- 150 ml boiling water
- 2 long strips pared orange zest
- 1 bouquet garni
- 125 g pitted black olives
- 125 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 25 g butter
- 1 Tablespoon plain flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Place the oil, onion and garlic in a bowl and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the braising steak, wine, crumbled stock cube, water, orange zest and bouquet garni and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir again, then cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and mushrooms, cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove the orange zest and bouquet garni.
- Blend the butter and flour together to make a beurre manie paste, then stir into the casserole.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice.