Refried Beans is a staple of great Mexican and Southwestern cooking. With a touch of creativity, you can match this to your family’s tastes and have a winning side for grilled meats, tacos, burritos, chimichangas and other delightful dishes.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can pinto beans (15-1/2 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place olive oil and garlic in 9-inch microwave-proof pie plate. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 45 seconds.
- Drain pinto beans, reserving 1/3 cup of juices. Add beans and reserved juiced to garlic mixture in microwave-proof pie plate.
- Mash beans with potato masher until all are broken up. Stir in pepper.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Stir well and smooth out top to make even.
Shortbread Toffee Bars are sweet, crunchy, fun and fabulous, but are they cookies or candy? We'll le...
President Tyler's Puddin' Pies are delightful, sweet and luscious tartlets from a 19th Century White...
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Roast Grapes is a glorious tribute to Italian cookery. Simple, easy to mak...
These soft, seeded, salted breadsticks make a perfect accompaniment to pasta and other Italian dishe...