Refried Beans is a staple of great Mexican and Southwestern cooking. With a touch of creativity, you can match this to your family’s tastes and have a winning side for grilled meats, tacos, burritos, chimichangas and other delightful dishes.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can pinto beans (15-1/2 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place olive oil and garlic in 9-inch microwave-proof pie plate. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 45 seconds.
- Drain pinto beans, reserving 1/3 cup of juices. Add beans and reserved juiced to garlic mixture in microwave-proof pie plate.
- Mash beans with potato masher until all are broken up. Stir in pepper.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Stir well and smooth out top to make even.
Walnut Tart is a classic dessert, with a rich, crisp crust, and a crunchy, sweet filling. It is simp...
Colcannon is an international staple, favored in Ireland (its source), Scotland, Wales and England a...
Croquembouche is an impressive tower of small cream puffs and caramelized sugar that's well worth th...
Spread it on toast; blend it into smoothies or smear it on a bagel - no matter how you use Spiced Gr...