Refried Beans is a staple of great Mexican and Southwestern cooking. With a touch of creativity, you can match this to your family’s tastes and have a winning side for grilled meats, tacos, burritos, chimichangas and other delightful dishes.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can pinto beans (15-1/2 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place olive oil and garlic in 9-inch microwave-proof pie plate. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 45 seconds.
- Drain pinto beans, reserving 1/3 cup of juices. Add beans and reserved juiced to garlic mixture in microwave-proof pie plate.
- Mash beans with potato masher until all are broken up. Stir in pepper.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Stir well and smooth out top to make even.