Mexican Chocolate Cake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate. melted
- 4 eggs separated (room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup mayonnaise (room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup ground almonds
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup Kahlua
- confectioners' sugar
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with waxed paper. Lightly grease the wased paper and side of pan. Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat the egg yolks. Graduly add sugar and beat until light about 4 minutes. Add mayonnaise and beat for 1 minute longer. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until blended. Stir in Kahlus. In a medium bowl, using clean beater, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 55 min. or until firm.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the side of the pan and cool the cake 30 minutes longer. Invert onto a wire rack and remove bottom of pan and waxed paper. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectionr's sugar you might try using a geometric patter made from paper to create an interesting design instead of the old doilie trick. Hope this is it.