Mellow Pan Roasted Carrots
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup chopped onions
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or fresh dill
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Trim and pare carrots, then cut in 1/2 length wise or cut crosswise in half.
- Heat oil on high in large skillet (12-13 inch), place carrots closely together in pan in single layer.
- Sprinkle with onion; grind pepper over. Cover and cook medium low heat, turning once halfway through, for 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Liquid should be evaporated and carrots beginning to caramelize at end of cooking time. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Squeeze three or four wedges of orange over them. Toss well and serve with remaining orange wedges on the side.