A delicious roast that produces truly flavorful results with an exceptional yogurt-based sauce with herbs. How can you go wrong?
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic; crushed
- 9 lamb chops; bones reserved, boned with eye of rib in single piece
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash Brandy
- Yogurt Sauce; see Recipe
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, and garlic; rub thoroughly over lamb. Season with salt and pepper and rub with lemon juice.
- Place lamb meat and rib bones on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle meat with brandy. Roast until tender but still quite pink (about 15 minutes).
- While meat is cooking, prepare sauce.
- Remove meat from oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Pour off pan juices into a small bowl and skim off as much fat from surface as possible.
To serve, slice meat thinly and arrange on a heated platter. Add pan juices to Yogurt Sauce and serve in a bowl alongside.
Sweet, tangy and with a rich, tropical flavor, Apricot-Pineapple Barbecue Sauce is ideal for ribs, c...
You will find that Winter Minestrone is an absolutely perfect, inexpensive and purely delightful sou...
The outstanding flavors of Linsensuppe (German Lentil Soup with Frankfurter Slices) are outstanding,...
Avocado Gazpacho Soup is a delicate, tasty Mexican soup that is packed with incredible flavor and ta...