Medallions of Pork Tenderloins
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, well-trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup bread crumbs, dry
- 2 Tablespoons oilve oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, minced fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 Cup water
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup white wine, dry
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Dry meat with paper towels.
- Combine salt, pepper and flour; dredge medallions in flour, shaking off excess.
- Beat eggs with water; dip medallions in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Press medallions with heel of palm to make crumb stick; dry 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in Dutch oven; sautT medallions 8 minutes per side.
- Remove meat; drain on paper towels, transfer to heated platter and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; deglaze over high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom and sides of pan.
- When liquid is reduced by half (about 3 minutes), add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, stirring. 9. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Correct seasonings, pour sauce over meat and garnish with parsley.