Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 1/4 Cups finely crumbled biscuits or fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons uncooked regular oats
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons finely chopped seeded; tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- Prehat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in milk, tomato sauce, eggs; mix in beef until well blended.
- Shape into a 10x5" loaf and place on a broiler rack set in a larger pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until done. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Serves: 8-10
From: "Original Whistle Stop Cafe Cookbook"