Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 2 scallions; minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger; minced
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 slices fresh pineapple; or canned water-packed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices 1 ounces French bread
- Mix the beef, garlic, scallions, ginger, and soy sauce together and form in 4 patties of equal size about 3/4" thick.
- Grill or broil 4" from souce of heat, for 7 minutes for medium-rare turning once.
- While burgers are grilling, brush 4 slices of fresh or canned water-packed unsweetened pineapple with 1 teaspoon Worcestshire sauce.
- Grill until pineapple is heated through and seared with grill marks, about 6 minutes (2 minutes for canned pienapple).
- Serve each patty open-face ib a 1 ounces toasted slice of French bread, topped with grilled slice, and garnished with 1 Tablespoons minced green bell pepper.
Food Exchange per serving: 2 MEDIUM-FAT MEAT EXCHANGES + 1 1/2 BREAD/STARCH EXHANGES CAL: 282; PRO: 20g; CAR: 23g; FAT: 13g(CAL: FROM FAT 41%) FIB: TRACE CHO: 53mg; SODIUM: 401mg: POTASSIUM: 307mg;