Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish is the perfect blending of flavors to accompany roasted or potted beef dishes, being slightly tangy.
Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Amish or Penn-Dutch
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes; medium
- boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- black pepper; freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons parsley or chives; minced (optional)
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook in boiling salted water in medium-size saucepan until tender, drain. Mash, adding 1 Tablespoon butter and the pepper. Add sour cream, horseradish, and minced parsley.
- Whip as for mashed potatoes.
- Place in serving bowl; top with 1 Tablespoon melted butter and serve.