Amazing flavors are found in every bite of Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes with Meyer Lemon. The ingredients offer an alluring taste sensation. Simply delish.
Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes with Meyer Lemon
Adapted from Allen Susser
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 1 Meyer lemon (regular lemon may be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup minced celery
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In medium ovenproof saucepan, bring potatoes to boil with 1 teaspoon salt and water to cover by 3 to 4 inches. Lower to simmer; cook until fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain. (If potatoes are still moist, dry slightly in preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes.)
- Using manual food mill, mill potatoes into large bowl. Add butter; mash. Add Mascarpone, lemon zest, remaining salt and pepper. Mix until just blended.
- To plate, divide potato mixture among four 3-inch ring molds, gently pressing down with back of a teaspoon dipped in water. Place on individual plates; remove ring mold.
- Toss minced celery with Meyer lemon juice; add as garnish to potato rounds. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.