Marinierte Tomaten (Marinated Tomatoes) is a great tasting tomato dish that may be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Richly flavored with herbs, scallions and a mustard-enhanced vinaigrette, this dish is an ideal accompaniment for simple meat dishes, eggs or as accompaniments for other vegetables.
This German recipe is interesting, as tomatoes arrived in Germany long after most of Europe received them with some trepidation after their discovery in modern day Latin America. Like the potato, they took very well to the European climate and quickly became a staple throughout the Continent.
- 4 tomatoes; large *
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard; dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, large, minced
- 1 Tablespoon basil; fresh, chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs, fresh,chopped
- 1 spring marjoram; fresh, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon scallion; minced
- Place tomato slices in serving bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over tomatoes. Toss lightly.
- Chill for 1 hour or longer before serving.
The rich and delectable flavors of Steak Sauerbraten bring the palate to a state of gustatory ecstas...
Rich in flavors and delightful textures, Caponata is a tradition in Jewish kitchens, but since the e...
Goreng Pisang is a delectable Chinese dessert consisting of deep fried, batter dipped bananas, usual...
This extraordinarily delicious appetizer may also be served for lunch or a light dinner main course....