Marinated Loin Lamb Chops with Roasted Red Onions is an exceptionally delicious recipe from England, where lamb is more commonly favored than in the United States or Canada. Seriously good eating, the combination of lamb with red onion, garlic and mint is the stuff of legend.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 1 ounce fresh mint, packed, leaves only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 loin lamb chops
- 4 medium red onions
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons pignoli (pine nuts), toasted
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon oil with the lemon rind and juice, 1/2 the mint and 1/2 the garlic, and season. Pour into a shallow, non-metallic dish, add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and chill until needed, or overnight if you have time.
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/gas 5 (170 degrees C for fan ovens). Slice 3/4 inch off the top of each onion and discard. Peel the onions, keeping the root end intact. Using a small sharp knife and a teaspoon, scoop out the onion centers, leaving 2 or 3 layers to form a shell. Cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Chop half the scooped out onions and discard the rest.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onion and remaining garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the breadcrumbs, pine nuts and remaining mint, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the onions and sit them in a small roasting tin. Brush with the remaining oil and bake for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan until hot. Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and place in the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side, until still a little pink in the middle. Pour in the marinade, cook for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat. Serve the chops with the pan juices, stuffed onions and some seasonal green vegetables.
The amazing flavor of Caramel Corn Ice Cream isn't the only thing that makes it exciting. The sweet ...
An Irish Breakfast is not a recipe but a collection of ingredients served in a masterful compilation...
Gazpacho of Madrid (Gazpacho Madrileño) is one of the most delectable, simple gazpacho recipes to co...
Grilled Chicken Paillard with Baby Greens and Basil Oil is an incredibly healthful recipe ideal for ...