Marinated Lamb Loin Chops with Roasted Red Onions is a tasty, appetizing dish with great aroma and amazing properties. Serve it with a simple green vegetable.
Marinated Lamb Loin Chops with Roasted Red Onions
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 1 ounce fresh mint, leaves only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 4 medium red onions
- 1 ounce organic fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons organic toasted pine nuts
- Whisk together 1 Tablespoon oil with the lemon rind and juice, 1/2 the mint and 1/2 the garlic, and season. Pour into a shallow, non-metallic dish, add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and chill until needed, or overnight if you have time.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C/gas 5 (170 degrees C for fan ovens). Slice 3/4-inch off the top of each onion and discard. Peel the onions, keeping the root end intact. Using a small sharp knife and a teaspoon, scoop out the onion centers, leaving 2 or 3 layers to form a shell. Cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Chop half the scooped out onions and discard the rest.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onion and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the breadcrumbs, pine nuts and remaining mint, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the onions and sit them in a small roasting tin. Brush with the remaining oil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan until hot. Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and place in the pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes each side, until still a little pink in the middle. Pour in the marinade, cook for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat. Serve the chops with the pan juices, stuffed onions and some seasonal green vegetables.
When making this dish for a dinner party, try using French lamb chops for a more elegant presentation.
Serving size: 2 Calories: 889 Fat: 71.4 g Saturated fat: 28.5 Sugar: 6.9 g Sodium: 0.5 g