Simple to prepare, delicious and a family favorite, your holiday guests will love Maple Glazed Carrots for a perfect side dish.
Maple Glazed Carrots
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 8 each medium sized carrots
- 1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
- rind, of orange grated
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of mace or nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Peel carrots; and cut into sticks.
- Pour the orange juice into a 4 cup microwave safe dish. Heat 1 minute at high . Add the carrots and the orange rind.
- Stir to coat the carrots with the orange juice.
- Cover and microwave 8 to 9 minutes at high.
- Stir again, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Microwave, uncovered 2 minutes at high. Stir then check for doneness.
- If necessary, cook another 1 minute at High.