Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
Serves: 4 portions
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 Cup milk
- Pour the melted butter and maple syrup into a 9" cake pan, swirling it around to mix well.
- Toss the flour, baking powder, and salt together, then cut in the cold butter, mixing, with your fingertips until the texture is like soft bread crumbs.
- Stir in the milk.
- Turn the dough out and knead it gently about 6 turns - just enough for it to hold together.
- Either pat the dough or roll it out to a 1/2" thickness, then cut it into 9 rounds.
- Arrange the rounds in the cake pan on top of the maple-butter mixture, and bake in a preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned and the syrup is bubbling up around them.
- Serve hot from the pan and eat them all - they don't keep.