Madrid Salad (Ensalada Madrilena)
Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 1 large lettuce head
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs; sliced
- 36 black olives; pitted
- 6 small marinated fishes; see * Note
- olive oil
- wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- * Note: See "Small Marinated Fish Catalan Style" and "Small Marinated Fish Andalusian Style" - recipes included in this database.
- Peel tomatoes, squeeze out seeds, and chop fine. Mix with chopped lettuce, olives, and fish, boned and chopped. Season with olive oil, vinegar, and salt (or "Oil and Vinegar Dressing" - recipe included in this database).
- Top with slices of hard-boiled eggs.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman