Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1/2 pound large deep sea scallops
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 Turns of pepper from the mill
- 1/2 teaspoon Pulverized crab boil (or any peppery crab spice)
- 2 Tablespoons very soft butter
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream (or more)
- 3/4 pounds Picked over backfin crabmeat
- Clarified butter or oil
- Put scallops, egg white, salt, pepper and crab spice in food processor. Process 30 seconds. Add butter and process again until well mixed. Cool 2 hours. Add cream, then empty into bowl. Fold in crabmeat and shape into cakes.
- Flour crabcakes in cornflour and fry in butter or oil for about 2 to 3 minutes or until brown and crusty. Turn and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until brown and crusty on other side. Season with salt and pepper.