Madeira Wine Marinade for Chicken and Pork
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Marinades
Serves: 1 batch
- 1/2 Cup Madeira
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped orange zest
- 1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a nonaluminum saucepan and mix well. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, pour over pork or chicken and let marinate overnight in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 1 to 2 hours before grilling.
- Use marinade for basting during last 5 to 10 minutes of grilling.