Our recipe for Macaroni Salad offers unusual options to make it one of the most favorable salads around. Enjoy it with a variety of dishes.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
Serves: 1 portion
- 2 Cups macaroni or tiny shells
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 Cup Duke's Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons Pimento; chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, prepared
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2 1/2 Quarts boiling water
- steamed broccoli florets (cooled and drained).
- In large uncovered Dutch oven cook macaroni in boiling water, cooking oil and salt until tender but firm, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain, Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Return macaroni to pot.
- Combine next 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Add to macaroni.
- Toss together well.
- Turn into serving bowl.
- Chill for one hour or more.
- If you want it more moist, add a bit of milk.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms or grapes, as desired and toss to cover with the dressing.