The simplicity, elegance and refinement of Lox and Bagels is trivial to the immense, sophisticated flavors found in every bite. A treasured dish that’s perfect for brunch. This is a perennial favorite in New York, where great delis, fine restaurants and little cafes alike serve up their own variations. The Sunday New York Times, a pitcher of Bloody Marys and coffee for a perfect weekend brunch.
- 1 bagel, split, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons whipped cream cheese spread
- 6 slices cucumber
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 slices red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Spread bagel halves with cream cheese.
- Top evenly with cucumbers, and salmon.
- Sprinkle with onions, and capers.