If you’re looking for a delicious, warming and comfortable soup, try our Low Fat Minestrone. It’s so good, and good for you, too.
Low Fat Minestrone
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 6 ounces (180 g) carrots, diced
- 4 ounces (120 g) small zucchini, sliced or chopped
- 4 ounces (120 g) green beans, cut in 1 inch (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/4 pints (750 ml) vegetable stock
- 3 ounces (90 g) drained canned garbanzo or kidney beans
- 2 ounces (60 g) small pasta shells or other small pasta shapes
- 1 ounce (30 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Place the tomatoes, leeks, celery, carrots, courgettes, French beans, herbs and stock in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir the canned beans and pasta into the saucepan; cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into four large warm bowls and sprinkle the cheese over each serving.
Serving size: per serving Calories: 150