Louisiana-Style Shrimp Cakes are one of the glories of the Gulf and Cajun cookery. Rich in flavor, accompanied by a simple salsa and delightful salad. Perfect with crusty bread.
- 4 ounces soy milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons egg replacer
- 5 ounces Creole mustard
- 2 1/2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 ounces parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon seafood seasoning blend
- 1 ounce Tamari soy sauce
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces sliced green onion
- 3 1/2 pounds rock shrimp, cooked, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh bread crumbs, as needed
- canola oil, as needed
- Mix ingredients except shrimp, pepper, salt and bread crumbs in large mixing bowl. Lightly mix in shrimp; season to taste.
- Shape mixture into 2-oz. cakes. Coat each side with about 1 tsp. bread crumbs. Saute in 1 tsp. canola oil over medium heat 45 seconds; transfer to 350F oven; bake 3 minutes.
- Serve 2 cakes per order, with salsa and fresh mesclun greens.
Tasty, refreshing and very healthy for you, Avocado Papaya Salad is a tropical treat with a sultry, ...
There are few things nicer than a warm popover, with a crunch crust and soft, tender inside. Served ...
Mozzarella, Fig and Arugula make a perfect salad combined with a simple Balsamic vinaigrette. The s...
These holiday treats are also made for Christmastime and look like snowballs. No matter what holiday...