Louisiana-Style Shrimp Cakes are one of the glories of the Gulf and Cajun cookery. Rich in flavor, accompanied by a simple salsa and delightful salad. Perfect with crusty bread.
- 4 ounces soy milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons egg replacer
- 5 ounces Creole mustard
- 2 1/2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 ounces parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon seafood seasoning blend
- 1 ounce Tamari soy sauce
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces sliced green onion
- 3 1/2 pounds rock shrimp, cooked, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh bread crumbs, as needed
- canola oil, as needed
- Mix ingredients except shrimp, pepper, salt and bread crumbs in large mixing bowl. Lightly mix in shrimp; season to taste.
- Shape mixture into 2-oz. cakes. Coat each side with about 1 tsp. bread crumbs. Saute in 1 tsp. canola oil over medium heat 45 seconds; transfer to 350F oven; bake 3 minutes.
- Serve 2 cakes per order, with salsa and fresh mesclun greens.
The Poppy Fields of Flanders honor those who served in war. Perfect for Veteran's Day or Remembrance...
The caramelization of pound cake adds a new, rich flavor to Grilled Pound Cake with Warmed Strawberr...
Farfalle with Pumpkin Sauce is a wonderful harvest-time pasta recipe with a sauce full of earthy goo...
The "21" Club was a New York speakeasy, with a checkered past of Prohibition-era antics that are leg...