The creamy nature of the sauce for Lobster with Garlic Cream Sauce over Fettuccine adds perfectly to the seductive flavor of the lobster.
Lobster with Garlic Cream Sauce over Fettuccine
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Shellfish
- 8 cloves garlic - unpeeled
- 1/4 pound lobster meat; not tail meat
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup parsley; finely chopped Italian flatleaf
- 8 ounces fettuccine; cooked and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Use lobster meat collected from legs, antennae and carapace, but not the tail meat.
- Add garlic to water and boil for two minutes. Add the garlic to the water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain the garlic. Peel the garlic and finely chop.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss lobster in the butter for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until cream begins to thicken. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan.
The photo shown here has linguini rather than fettuccine. Either may be used for this recipe.
Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise, brush with butter, sprinkle breadcrumbs and fresh chopped parsley and broil after tossing pasta. Broil for about 3 minutes. Place one half lobster tail on top of the pasta in each bowl. Garnish with parsley.