This exceptional recipe is rich and flavorful, but most of all, romantic. Perfect for an intimate dinner for two or a close family celebration. Few dishes we know taste of love as does this dish. In a word, alluring.
- 1 raw egg yolk
- some cheese
- some cream
- a little Brandy
- 1 whole lobster
- salt and pepper
- Bechamel Sauce, see Recipe
- strong mustard
- chives or flat parsley leaves for garnish
- Split a lobster in half lengthways, remove the gritty sac and discard. Crack the claws. Season the lobster with salt and pepper and roast in 220 degrees C /425 degrees F /gas mark 7 oven for 10 minutes, basting with the melted butter.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shells and slice it, mix it with Bechamel sauce, to which you have added strong mustard, a little brandy, a raw egg yolk, some cheese and cream. Replace the meat in the shells and top with more sauce, sprinkle with cheese. Brown in the oven.
- Serve one half lobster per person as an appetizer. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and/or whole chives.
Preparing this dish for a main course is easy. Use one lobster per person and serve two halves per person.