Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 lobster
- hot melted butter; for serving
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- salad leaves - mixed; to garnish
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 salted anchovies
- In a pan with plenty of water, bring it to the boil. To kill the lobster, plunge a sharp knife through a point at the back of the lobster's head, where there is a natural cross in the shell.
- Cook the lobster in the boiling water, which has plenty of salt water dissolved in it. The lobster needs to be cooked for 15 minutes and then 10 minutes per pound.
- Meanwhile chop up 1 plum tomato, 1/2 of the cucumber and place on a plate. Cut one hard boiled egg into slices and also arrange on the plate. Also chop some of the parsley and salad leaves and arrange on the plate.
- While the lobster is still cooking the mayonnaise can be made up. Chop up the rest of the cucumber, tomato and parsley and put into a bowl. Add the capers, the finely sliced red onion, mayonnaise, salted anchovies, salt, black pepper and mix to combine. Add a chopped hard boiled egg.
- When the lobster is cooked take out the flesh and shred some lettuce and place into nuggets and put on top of the mayonnaise. Garnish with anchovy.
Per serving: 394 Calories (kcal); 15g Total Fat; (31% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 147mg Cholesterol; 609mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates