Lobster Salad on Brioche is a delicious, luxurious sandwich of impeccable flavor, textures and quality. It’s a millionaire’s meal, without the millions. Spectacular, day or night and glorious for a picnic with lemonade and potato chips.
- 2 cloves freshest garlic, smashed, finely minced with
- pinch Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise (Best or Hellman's)
- 2 pounds cooked lobster meat from tails and claws
- 3 scallions, roots and outer layer removed and trimmed, sliced thin with up to about 1-inch of the green
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne or paprika
- 6 brioche or challah rolls
- melted salted butter
- Boston or greenleaf lettuce
- Smash and mince the garlic with Kosher salt to make a paste.
- Add the paste to the mayonnaise and whisk thoroughly. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Pick over the lobster to make sure there is no shell or cartilage. Chop into small chunks. Add the scallion, lemon juice and cayenne. Mix casually.
- Add mayonnaise and mix thoroughly, seal tightly and chill well.
- Slice rolls horizontally.
- Brush melted butter on the inside of the roll's upper half.
- Add a piece of lettuce to the lower half of the roll, and scoop some of the lobster salad onto the lettuce. Cover with the upper half.
- Slice sandwich in half across. Wrap the sandwich well and chill till ready to serve.
Simple, rich and exceptionally flavored, Baby Carrots and Onions in Cream goes so well with roasts a...
The pleasures of the Carved Steak and Smoked Cheddar Cheese Sandwich are boundless, particularly the...
To make Baked Pears is to love them. Simple, easy, and utterly delicious, this treasured dessert is...
Ask any Norwegian what dish reminds them most of their homeland and they'll say "Norwegian Meatballs...