Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is a colorful, rich seafood dish full of wonderful flavors and amazing textures. It is the penultimate comfort food. Shrimp, crab and lobster pair perfectly with pasta and cheese to create this outstanding dish.
- 2 pounds lobster meat, including tails, claws and joints (knuckles)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Cup yellow onions, chopped
- 3/4 Cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 Cup celery, washed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup Cognac
- 3 Cups water
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces large shell pasta, cooked, drained
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, picked for shell fragments
- 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- In a large pot boil lobster 4 minutes; drain; transfer to cutting board. Remove and crack tail and claws; remove meat; chop into 1/2-inche pieces.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Add lobster shells and reserved shrimp shells; sauté 4 minutes. Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and tomato paste; stir 1 minute. Deglaze with cognac; add water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Strain stock through a fine mesh strainer and reserve; discard shells and mirepoix.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a sauté pan; add shrimp. Sauté 3 minutes; chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; stir 1 minute to form a roux. Add lobster stock and cream; simmer until sauce reduces to 2 cups, about 5 minutes. Add Fontina and Parmesan cheeses; stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir lobster, shrimp, pasta, crab, and remaining butter into sauce. Simmer over medium-low until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Perfectly combined with Apples and Cranberries for a great side dish. Add a delicious twist to your ...
This traditional Chocolate Eclair recipe uses vanilla pastry cream as a filling and rich, almost gan...
Our recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake includes a spectacular chocolate ganache sauce. This gluten-...
Irish Bread and Butter Pudding is exceptional, extraordinary, and seriously pleasurable. Can be made...