Lobster is a sweet, succulent shellfish and pairs beautifully with the refreshing, cool and spicy flavors of a great Gazpacho. Together, this is one awesome soup!
- 2 1/2 pounds Creole/Beefsteak tomatoes; peeled, and roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers; roughly chopped
- 2 onions; roughly chopped
- 2 cucumbers; roughly chopped
- 4 celery stalks; roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup minced shallots
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons freshly-grated horseradish
- 1/4 Cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Cups V-8 juice
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- juice of two lemons
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- 2 pounds lobster; cooked, meat removed, shells discarded, claws and tails intact
- 1 Cup fresh herb vinaigrette
- Using a food processor with a metal blade, combine all the vegetables, shallots, garlic, horseradish, and cilantro together. Puree the mixture until slightly smooth.
- Add the V-8 juice, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Remove and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Slice the lobster tail and claw meat into 1/4-inch slices. In a mixing bowl, toss the lobster meat with the herb vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 191 Calories (kcal); 2g Total Fat; (7% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 144mg Cholesterol; 525mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Serve the gazpacho in bowls garnished with the sliced lobster.