Lobster Caesar Salad
Author: John Ash
- 2 lobsters (1 3/4 to 2 pounds each); steamed or poached until just done
- 2 large romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 Cup tender white frisee lettuce leaves
- 1/2 pound peeled celery root; cut thin julienne
- Caesar Dressing; see * Note
- 1 Cup Garlic Croutons; see * Note
- 1/4 Cup freshly-shaved Parmesan cheese
- salmon caviar; rinsed to plump and remove excess salt
- chervil sprigs
- Carefully remove lobster meat from shell, reserving heads and tail for plate garnish if desired. Set meat aside.
- Cut and arrange romaine hearts and frisee attractively on chilled plates.
- Lightly toss celery root with half the dressing and arrange on top of lettuces.
- Slice lobster tails into medallions and place on top of celery root.
- Place a shelled claw portion on top of this.
- Drizzle remaining dressing on lettuces and scatter croutons and shaved Parmesan over top.
- Garnish with salmon caviar, chervil and head/tail sections if using and serve immediately.