Lobster Bisque en Croûte is the perfect starter course for an elegant and refined New Year’s Day meal. Your guests will revel at the luscious flavor of this superb potage.
- 2 ounces butter
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 lobster (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 Cup French Brandy
- 1 shallot; chopped
- 1 Quart fish stock
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lobster base
- puff pastry dough
- egg wash
- Make a roux with butter and flour.
- Break the lobster up into sections.
- Roughly chop the celery and onion (white mirepoix). Brown the onions, celery, and lobster meat in a 425 degree oven; stir every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when browned and place on the range; flame with French brandy. Add the shallots, fish stock, and white wine; let simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Cool slightly and strain through a fine sieve. To the strained bisque, add the saffron, tomato puree, cream, and lobster base to taste.
- Thicken the bisque with the roux to desired consistency At time of service, fill six oven-proof serving dishes with the bisque.
- Egg wash the rim of each dish and top with the puff pastry dough. Egg wash the puff pastry and bake in 425 degree oven until golden brown and puffed.
The extraordinary flavor of Classic Prime Rib comes directly from its intensely simple preparation. ...
This extraordinarily delicious appetizer may also be served for lunch or a light dinner main course....
Famous Coca-Cola Brisket is one of the best examples of preparing roasted brisket around. Makes a de...
Rotisserie cooked, these Barbecued Ribs afford amazing flavor and rich, moist texture. Superb eating...