The complex flavors of Little Italian Sausage Burgers creates a glorious eating experience. Enjoy it with a glass of fine Barolo or Chianti and grilled radicchio with ricotta salata and a side of rosemary roasted potatoes. Mangia!
- 2/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 Cup chopped pickled pepperoncini
- 1/2 Cup (about 2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 Cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 11/2 teaspoons Kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 equal slices
- 6 bun-sized pieces focaccia bread, sliced horizontally, or focaccia buns, split
- 6 thin slices red onion
- 2 Cups coarsely shredded romaine lettuce
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium high.
- Combine the mayonnaise and vinaigrette in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until assembling the burgers.
- To make the patties, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Form the mixture into 6 equal patties to fit the bread pieces.
- Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once, until done to preference, about 4 minutes on each side for medium. During the last few minutes of cooking, place the cheese slices on the patties to melt and place the bread pieces, cut side down, on the outer edges of the rack to toast lightly.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of each bread piece. On each bread bottom, place a patty, an onion slice, and a portion of the lettuce. Add the bread tops and serve.
The pairing of homemade Lemon Verbena Ice Cream with Poached Cherry Soup yields amazing, refreshing ...
This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone's face at your table,...
Perfect for summertime picnics and entertaining, Chilled Cucumber Soup is creamy and full of refresh...
The simplicity, elegance and refinement of Lox and Bagels is trivial to the immense, sophisticated f...