Lidia Bastianich of Felidia restaurant in New York City is one of the finest Italian chefs and food experts outside of Italy. Here, we get the opportunity to enjoy her superb Basic Polenta which has so many uses. Ideal as a main or side dish or chilled, it becomes a great appetizer too.
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 Cups coarse yellow cornmeal
- In medium saucepan, combine milk, water, butter, bay leaf and salt. Heat to simmer over medium flame.
- Slowly sift cornmeal into pan through fingers of one hand, stirring constantly until polenta is smooth and thick and pulls away from sides of pan when stirred, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
The lusciousness of Avocado Scallop Ceviche makes it an exceptional appetizer for small parties. Th...
Italians prepare Brown Buttered Noodles as a side dish when serving roast meats. Its rich butter sau...
Simply a superb side dish or salad course, Corn Bread, Tomato and Cilantro Salad is a wonderful comb...
An outstanding side dish, this flavorful broccoli compilation combines layers of ingredients and pul...