Lidia Bastianich of Felidia restaurant in New York City is one of the finest Italian chefs and food experts outside of Italy. Here, we get the opportunity to enjoy her superb Basic Polenta which has so many uses. Ideal as a main or side dish or chilled, it becomes a great appetizer too.
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 Cups coarse yellow cornmeal
- In medium saucepan, combine milk, water, butter, bay leaf and salt. Heat to simmer over medium flame.
- Slowly sift cornmeal into pan through fingers of one hand, stirring constantly until polenta is smooth and thick and pulls away from sides of pan when stirred, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians differ in many things, but both treasure their special Easter ...
A delicious blend of fruit, nuts and wine and spice is a reminder of the mortar used by the Jews in ...
Chicken Gravy with Herbs makes any roasted chicken a luscious delight of impeccable flavor, providin...
The Spanish Almond Cake is an outstanding cake with delightful flavor and a luscious, moist texture....