Lidia Bastianich of Felidia restaurant in New York City is one of the finest Italian chefs and food experts outside of Italy. Here, we get the opportunity to enjoy her superb Basic Polenta which has so many uses. Ideal as a main or side dish or chilled, it becomes a great appetizer too.
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 Cups coarse yellow cornmeal
- In medium saucepan, combine milk, water, butter, bay leaf and salt. Heat to simmer over medium flame.
- Slowly sift cornmeal into pan through fingers of one hand, stirring constantly until polenta is smooth and thick and pulls away from sides of pan when stirred, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
The medieval game pie in this recipe was and remains a wonderful, economical and delicious treat. St...
The exceptional qualities and flavors of delectable Potage Parmentier are rooted in history and grea...
This is an incredible side dish, worthy of your best roasts or grilled meats. Goes incredibly well w...
Amazing flavor exudes from each serving of Chickpeas and Basmati Pilaf with Dried Cherries and Pista...