No matter how you prepare this flexible recipe, its fundamental simplicity is always treasured. Cool, calming and utterly refreshing, a lettuce wedge salad brings smiles at your table.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 Cup dairy sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 Cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup medium white wine
- 1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
- lettuce wedges, trimmed, cores removed
- Cut avocado lengthwise in half; remove pit.
- Scoop out fruit; mash.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon juice, onion salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mash cheese with fork; stir in oil, wine and vinegar.
- Mix with avocado mixture. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Serve over lettuce wedges.
2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 hard-boiled egg, chopped
2 Tablespoons red onion, julienned.
Sweet, delectable, light and aromatic are words that come close, but just short of an accurate descr...
This is a simple and flavorful meatloaf with the same spices used in haggis. The oatmeal gives it a ...
Our recipe for Summer Berry Paris-Brest is a gem of a dessert, ideally suited to special occasions o...
The addition of port wine to the filling adds a unique richness to Apple Pie with Port and Cheddar C...