The classic Lemony Lemon Squares are an American favorite bar cookie that is sold in eateries, bakeries and made at home around the country. They’re luscious, tangy and sweet with a delightful lemon zing.
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup, plus extra for dusting confectioners' sugar
- a pinch salt
- 4 ounces cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar, granulated
- 1/4 Cup flour, all purpose
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 Cup lemon juice
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, overlapping the sides with extra foil.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- For the filling, whisk together sugar and flour. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Pour the filling into the still-warm crust; bake 20-25 minutes or until the filling has set in the center and no longer jiggles. Cool completely.
- Lift the foil liner out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Duck, that most versatile bird, pairs perfectly with Jack Daniel's Whiskey, creating this extraordin...
A most surprising and alluring Asian side dish, Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms is a treasure is ide...
Legal Sea Foods is one of America's finest seafood restaurant chains and their Clam Chowder is absol...
Served steaming hot, with the rich, aromatic perfume of garlic, Garlicky Mashed Potatoes pair perfec...