The classic Lemony Lemon Squares are an American favorite bar cookie that is sold in eateries, bakeries and made at home around the country. They’re luscious, tangy and sweet with a delightful lemon zing.
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup, plus extra for dusting confectioners' sugar
- a pinch salt
- 4 ounces cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar, granulated
- 1/4 Cup flour, all purpose
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 Cup lemon juice
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, overlapping the sides with extra foil.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- For the filling, whisk together sugar and flour. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Pour the filling into the still-warm crust; bake 20-25 minutes or until the filling has set in the center and no longer jiggles. Cool completely.
- Lift the foil liner out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 2-inch squares. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Swiss Steak is most often prepared with beef, occasionally with venison. Slow cooking make even a to...
Tasty, sultry and sinfully good, Earl Grey Chocolates provide a delicious snack - a morsel of love. ...
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Corn is a glorious blending of American and Italian flavors, celebrating the...
Zucchini pancakes are an absolute treasure to behold, and a gem to consume. Their rich and fresh fla...