Lemonade Granita is an intoxicating dish, best served only to adults for formal dinners with friends and family. Garnished with fresh herbs or flowers, it makes a stunning treat. For a unique twist, blend the lemonade with raspberry puree. The color and flavor are stunning!
- 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 12 ounces Prosecco or Champagne; see * Note
- 1 teaspoon finely-minced mint leaves, berries or fresh herbs
- Combine lemonade, Prosecco and mint leaves in shallow dish. Freeze until solid, at least 8 hours or overnight. Use fork to shred into crystals. (Can be done a few hours ahead and put back into freezer.)
- To serve, put small scoops into chilled stemmed glasses. Garnish this as desired with raspberries, raspberry sauce, mint leaves or tiny edible flowers. If using savory herbs, serve as an appetizer or intermezzo, but with mint or berries, this is a fine dessert.
* Note: Prosecco is an Italian sparkling wine.
This recipe yields 5 to 6 servings.