The versatile lusciousness of Lemon Zabaglione, a creative confection, leads to many variations and means of presentation. Some serve it with berries, others plain, yet still more make it into tarts and tartlettes. Any way you offer it, smiles will shine in your direction.
- 2 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup sweet Madeira, cream Sherry or ruby port
- In the top of a double boiler combine the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and whisk until the mixture is light and thick.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and madeira and beat over simmering water until mixture has tripled in volume and is hot to the touch.
- Divide among tall stemmed glasses and serve immediately.
Cranberry, Ginger and Lemon Chutney makes a wonderful accompaniment to many meals. Perfect when serv...
The dark glossy dome of Baked Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce is flamed with Brandy Sauce and ca...
Crostata di Fragole is an incredible strawberry pie or tart. Italians love strawberries, and perfect...
There's a considerable degree of warmth and comfort in each bowl of Cheese Soup, along with flavor t...