Lemon Sorbet is a special dessert originally from Sicily, where a lemon granita would be made and served in a hallowed lemon as a palate cleanser between courses. As a dessert, this sugar-free version is fantastic! Use a lemon peel cutter to create decorative patterns on the lemons.
- 4 Cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 Cups sweetener, granulated
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2/3 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 shells of lemons (optional)
- mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Combine boiling water and granulated sweetener in a large bowl, stirring until sweetener dissolves; cool slightly. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan; cover and freeze.
- Cut tops from lemons; remove pulp. Set aside.
- Remove sorbet from freezer; let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape sorbet surface with a spoon; scoop or spoon sorbet into lemon shells or into small serving dishes. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
- Optional Garnish: Fresh mint sprigs
The Spanish version of Creme Brulee; the delicious flavor of Crema Quemada or Caramelized Custard Fi...
Bartlett Pear and Candied-Pecan Salad includes incredible flavors, superb textures and delightful ar...
The Caramel Apple was created to please young and old alike in the colder months. The basic recipe ...
Lamington Cupcakes are exceptional Australian treats and the foundation of many a contemporary comme...