Lemon Sorbet is a special dessert originally from Sicily, where a lemon granita would be made and served in a hallowed lemon as a palate cleanser between courses. As a dessert, this sugar-free version is fantastic! Use a lemon peel cutter to create decorative patterns on the lemons.
- 4 Cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 Cups sweetener, granulated
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2/3 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 shells of lemons (optional)
- mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Combine boiling water and granulated sweetener in a large bowl, stirring until sweetener dissolves; cool slightly. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan; cover and freeze.
- Cut tops from lemons; remove pulp. Set aside.
- Remove sorbet from freezer; let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape sorbet surface with a spoon; scoop or spoon sorbet into lemon shells or into small serving dishes. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
- Optional Garnish: Fresh mint sprigs
Crunchy, buttery and utterly delicious, Hazelnut Brittle is unusual, though it will become a favorit...
One may serve Potato Pancakes German Style for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or as either a side ...
A family favorite and American classic, the Chicken Casserole is easy to make, packed with flavors e...
Potato gnocchi pair perfectly with browned butter, giving the pasta a nutty taste. Prosciutto and a...