Need a recipe for the local bake sale or as gifts for friends? Lemon Poppy-Seed Bread is the perfect solution. With a yield of twelve loaves, this recipe produces plenty to share.
- 9 pounds all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 5 pounds, 3 ounces sugar
- 4 pounds butter
- 32 large eggs
- 3 1/2 Quarts milk
- 3 Cups fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest from 16 lemons
- 1 Cup poppy seeds
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter until light; add eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Combine milk and lemon juice, add to batter, alternating with flour mixture. Gently mix in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Divide among 12 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until set, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pans 20 minutes before unmolding.
This recipe from the Los Angeles Times presents Anarkali Mulligatawny, a generously flavorful soup w...
When a recipe is legendary, it is flexible, as this recipe for Chocolate Truffles clearly presents. ...
A moist, rich, buttery loaf that makes the most of simple flavorings, Butter Loaf Pound Cake is an i...
There's incredible, delectable flavor in each spoonful of Black Forest Crepes, a sublime dessert any...