Lemon Pineapple Chicken, Peking Style
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 2 chicken breasts, 8 ounces each, boned, skinless
- 2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup plus
- 1 Tablespoon cider or rice vinegar
- 1 Cup canned pineapple chunks, no sugar added
- 1/2 Cup grated carrot
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 Cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat broiler.
- Wash chicken and wipe dry.
- Combine bouillon, soy sauce, garlic and salt in a shallow dish. Place chicken in marinade and spread with fingers. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally so that entire surface of chicken gets coated.
- Broil on rack 4 inches from heat, turning once until done on both sides.
- While chicken is broiling, prepare the sauce: Stir cornstarch into lemon juice; combine with water and vinegar in a saucepan. Add pineapple, carrot, green pepper and lemon rind. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until thickened.
- When chicken is broiled, place on two individual serving plates.
- Pour Lemon-Pineapple sauce over chicken. Serve immediately with a border of shredded lettuce.