Lemon, Orange or Grapefruit Baskets
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- lemon, orange or grapefruit
- 1. Take a clean lemon, orange or grapefruit and, with a sharp knife, cut out almost a whole quarter segment.
- Leave a strip of rind wide enough for the handle (about 5 mm) and then cut out the corresponding segment on the other side.
- Carefully cut out the pulp from the handle and then remove the pulp from the lower half.
- Fill with any cold savoury or sweet mixture which has lemon, orange or grapefruit in its flavouring.
Fill an orange basket with a piece of Boston or Bibb lettuce, a large dollop of cocktail sauce and hang four large prawns from the sides for an exceptional starter.
Try these filled with granita for an extraordinary starter or sorbet for a dessert.