Diane Rossen Worthington’s delicious Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe is the perfect accompaniment for roast chicken, beef, lamb or pork. With a rich lemon and herb flavor that is subdued by the mild potatoes, it enhances the meat by leaps and bounds. Glorious!
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes; or, White Rose potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice; fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano; or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme; or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper; finely ground
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Wash the potatoes, rinse, and pat dry. Cut each into 3/4-inch dice.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, thyme, paprika, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Add the potatoes and toss.
- Arrange on an oiled baking sheet and bake about 35 minutes, turning every 15 minutes, until tender and well browned. Taste for seasoning.
- Turn into a serving dish and serve immediately.
- ADVANCE PREPARATION: This may be prepared 2 hours in advance and kept at room temperature. Reheat in a 350 degrees F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- NOTE from author: These red rose potatoes are roasted with simple seasonings to a crispy golden brown outside, while the potato stays moist and flavorful within. They'll highlight many main dishes without overpowering them. Serve with scrambled eggs, omelettes, sauteed chicken or grilled veal chops.
In grilling season, Grilled Fruit Skewers with Spicy Maple-Cumin Glaze is one incredible, enjoyable ...
When Spanish Chicken Breasts with Sherry Glaze was created, our mouths watered from the aroma, and t...
Classic Bistro Potato Gratin Dauphinoise is a rich, creamy and buttery side dish that has a luscious...
You'll simply adore the simple delights of Smoked Salmon Rice Salad with Apple Vinaigrette. Light, r...