Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Mascarpone Sauce is a delightful dessert. The flavors are incredibly refreshing and full. Simply wonderful.
Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Mascarpone Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 ounces cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mascarpone Sauce, recipe follows
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until light. While still mixing, add eggs one at a time. Set aside.
- Mix together buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest; set aside.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt; set aside
- Add buttermilk and flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating in thirds.
- Grease bundt pan and lightly coat insides with cornmeal. Pour batter into pan and bake at 325 degrees F until cake bounces back when touched, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with mascarpone sauce.
- Combine cheese, sugar and cream; mix well.