This sublime Americanized version of the French classic substitutes chicken for tuna. A wonderful choice producing outstanding results. Very refreshing and healthy.
Lemon Chicken Salade Nicoise
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced, 1 squeezed
- 1 Cup Caesar salad dressing
- 4 Cups trimmed green beans, steamed and cooled
- 4 - 5 Cups quartered red potatoes, steamed and cooled
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1/2 Cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put chicken into roasting pan, place garlic and sliced lemon into cavity and tie up legs. Tuck wings under bird. Brush with 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing. Roast until thermometer pops up and when meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh registers 180 degrees F (approximately 2 hours). Let chicken cool 15 minutes.
- Skim fat off pan juices. Whisk pan juices and lemon juice into remaining 3/4 cup Caesar salad dressing.
- In separate bowls, toss green beans, potatoes and romaine leaves with 1/4 cup salad dressing each.
- To serve, carve chicken and arrange with beans, potatoes, olives and tomatoes on top of lettuce on large platter.