Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 lemon; rind of, grated
- 1/3 Cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 Cups flour; sifted once
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup nuts; walnuts, pecans, etc., chopped
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients (except those for glaze) together in the order given. Put the mixture in greased loaf pan.
- Bake 45 mintues to 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- After removing from the oven, glaze the top with mixture of confectioner's sugar and lemon juice while the bread is still hot.
- Serves 8 to 10. Excellent for a brunch or teatime.