Leek and Potato Soup with Country Ham is a delicious soup full of outstanding flavor including country ham. Simply wonderful.
Leek and Potato Soup with Country Ham
Author: Nathalie Dupree
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 leeks, thinly sliced (about 4 Cups)
- 10 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 Cup cooked country ham, cut into inch-sized cubes
- 10 Cups chicken stock
- 3 Cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot heat cumin, caraway and fennel seeds over medium heat until lightly toasted and fragrant; do not burn. Remove to a small plate.
- Add oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add leeks and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, ham and stock, bring to a boil, then add cabbage and reserved seeds.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.