Stunning in appearance and in flavor, this cold pairing of soups offers divine pleasure for the palate and the allure of exciting presentation. Simply great in hot weather.
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 Cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cucumber (12 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Rinse and core tomatoes; cut into chunks. Whirl in a blender or food processor until smooth, then rub through a fine strainer into a bowl; you should have about 3 cups. Discard residue. Season purée to taste with 2 to 3 tablespoons vinegar and salt. Cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Peel and pit avocados; cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl avocados, broth, sour cream, and lime juice until smooth. Add salt to taste. Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Peel cucumber; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard seeds. Dice cucumber into 1/8-inch pieces; you should have about 1 cup. In a small bowl, mix cucumber, shallots, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and minced tarragon.
- Cover and chill until cold, at least 30 minutes.
Sumptuous, bubbling goodness are words that come to mind with this simple All-in-One Tuna Casserole....
A simple, elegant and utterly delicious side dish, Apple-spiked Acorn Squash soon becomes a family f...
Martha Washington's Devil's Food Cake is inspiring, considering that her President had no White Hous...
The Latin American classic is the ideal economical meal that puts a smile on the faces at your table...