Stunning in appearance and in flavor, this cold pairing of soups offers divine pleasure for the palate and the allure of exciting presentation. Simply great in hot weather.
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 firm-ripe avocados (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 Cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cucumber (12 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Rinse and core tomatoes; cut into chunks. Whirl in a blender or food processor until smooth, then rub through a fine strainer into a bowl; you should have about 3 cups. Discard residue. Season purée to taste with 2 to 3 tablespoons vinegar and salt. Cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Peel and pit avocados; cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl avocados, broth, sour cream, and lime juice until smooth. Add salt to taste. Cover surface with plastic wrap and chill until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Peel cucumber; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard seeds. Dice cucumber into 1/8-inch pieces; you should have about 1 cup. In a small bowl, mix cucumber, shallots, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and minced tarragon.
- Cover and chill until cold, at least 30 minutes.
Chocolate pairs well with many seafood dishes, from abalone to lobster, shrimp and in this case, sal...
An absolutely wonderful pairing of potato and leek, Scalloped Potatoes and Leeks, served as a side d...
Both attractive and delicious, Creamy Butternut Squash Soup has many possible options to expand your...
There's something extraordinary about Banana-Maple Tart Tatin. In every bite of its sweet, delectabl...