Made with turkey or chicken, Last-of-the-Turkey Tetrazzini is an economical way of using leftovers to make a glorious new meal that puts a smile on the faces at your table.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion; (for 1 Cup chopped)
- 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 1 medium green bell pepper; (for 1 Cup chopped)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup; (10 3/4 ounces)
- 1/2 Cup milk (skim or low-fat or whole)
- 1/2 Cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 Cups cubed cooked skinless turkey meat; (see note)
- 3 packages chicken-flavor ramen soup (3 ounce each)
- 1 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 or more to taste)
- Bring 6 Cups of unsalted water to a boil over high heat in a covered 3-quart or larger saucepan.
- Heat oil over medium heat in an extra-deep 12-inch nonstick skillet that has a lid. Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the skillet as you chop. Cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; continue to cook, stirring from time to time.
- Seed and coarsely chop the bell pepper; add it to skillet. Add garlic, Worcestershire and black pepper. Cook, stirring from time to time, until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Add condensed soup, milk, sour cream and turkey to skillet. Stir until well-blended. Cook until heated through, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Do not let boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, add ramen noodles to boiling water along with 1 of the seasoning packets. (Reserve remaining 2 seasoning packets for another use.) Boil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Immediately drain the noodles well (do not rinse). Gently stir into skillet until just coated with sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the noodle mixture, cover the skillet and cook just until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Serve at once.
Herb Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy is the perfect choice for your holiday turkey and gravy. The...
Presidents, mayors and governors have treasured a slice of Junior's Famous Brooklyn Cheesecake, one ...
Cod Cobbler is an exceptional seafood dish, pairing cod with delightful, cheesy scones. Perfect for ...
The most exceptional Southwest burger you can ever imagine is the Black Angus Burger with Cheese and...