Lasagna Bolognese is one of the great casserole dishes, full of rich, deep, meaty flavor, and the subtle pleasures of pasta and cheese. This magnificent meal becomes a family favorite.
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Meat Sauce Bolognese (see Recipe)
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh whole-milk mozzarellla cheese, sliced thin
- Melt butter in saucepan, blend in flour. Gradually add milk and cream, stirring until thickened and smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water, according to package directions. Drain; rinse and spread on a damp towel.
- Spread a thin layer of Meat Sauce Bolognese in a 13- x 9-inch inch baking dish.
- Top with a layer of the lasagna noodles, the meat sauce, the white sauce and the cheese.
- Repeat layers until no more lasagna noodles are left.
- Top with remaining Meat Sauce Bolognese, sliced mozzarella and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees, 35-40 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Chef Waldy Malouf's Yellow Tomato Soup allows the extraordinary qualities of the beautiful fruit shi...
Pizza Rustica alla Napoletana is also called Pizza Gaina, Torta Rustica, and other and other regiona...
Refreshing the palate is the primary task of this extraordinary, Chilled Lemon Soup with its tangy f...
Deliciously scary, these ghostly sandwiches make an ideal luncheon or buffet dish for young and old ...