Lasagna Bolognese is one of the great casserole dishes, full of rich, deep, meaty flavor, and the subtle pleasures of pasta and cheese. This magnificent meal becomes a family favorite.
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Meat Sauce Bolognese (see Recipe)
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh whole-milk mozzarellla cheese, sliced thin
- Melt butter in saucepan, blend in flour. Gradually add milk and cream, stirring until thickened and smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water, according to package directions. Drain; rinse and spread on a damp towel.
- Spread a thin layer of Meat Sauce Bolognese in a 13- x 9-inch inch baking dish.
- Top with a layer of the lasagna noodles, the meat sauce, the white sauce and the cheese.
- Repeat layers until no more lasagna noodles are left.
- Top with remaining Meat Sauce Bolognese, sliced mozzarella and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees, 35-40 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Xato Sauce is a sharp, delectable dressing for Xato Salad, equally suitable for use on fish or chick...
Sweet Corn and Lemongrass Soup is a wondrous dish, with rich, exotic flavors, yet incredible comfort...
If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to yo...
Crunchy, sweet, fulfilling and so delicious, this exceptional salad is perfect served as a main cour...